X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • arjaydavis
    Expert
    • Oct 2010

BC shows subfolders Skydrive local folder as empty on Windows 8.1 Pro

I have Skydrive syncing to a local folder. I want to compare the contents of this folder with another ordinary local folder.

Beyond Compare shows the subfolders in the local Skydrive folder as being empty - i.e. does not display the contents but does report the size.

What is happening here?
  • arjaydavis
    Expert
    • Oct 2010

Bump!

This is being quietly ignored.

The problem that I am describing occurs in Windows 8.1 Pro but not in Windows 7 - I've tested on both platforms.

Care to comment?

Comment

• Aaron
      Team Scooter
      • Oct 2007

Sorry, arjay. We have a bit of a support backlog and aren't always able to answer as quickly as we'd like.

On Windows 7, Skydrive is stored as a local location, default to c:\users\username\Skydrive. BC3 is then able to load and compare any local drive folder, including this one.

We'll need to setup 8.1 test environment with Skydrive, but does your Skydrive folder exist on your local drive? Or does Windows 8.1 treat Skydrive as a remote app, and does not actually store the files locally?
      Aaron P Scooter Software

Comment

• arjaydavis
        Expert
        • Oct 2010

I think the solution is to make files available offline

I think the solution is to make files available offline (see link below) (which I think means they are still in skydrive in the cloud but have copies locally on the PC which also treated like ordinary files - even though the files are already there it would appear that they need this 'make available offline' setting set to perhaps remedy this problem)

http://www.eightforums.com/tutorials...ows-8-1-a.html

I'll confirm when I get a chance

Comment

Working...