X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Zwadder
    New User
    • Dec 2013

SFTP connection problems

When I connect to a remote server using SFTP I get the message authentication failed, this was due to a wrong password, but after giving in the correct password I still got the same message, setting up a new sync job didn't change that (I was sure host, username and password were correct )
    I closed BC4 and reopened it, the same credentials now worked (I used the credentials saved in the previous session) and I could connect to the site.
  • Aaron
    Team Scooter
    • Oct 2007

Thanks for the report. I've reproduced this and we'll look into it.
    Aaron P Scooter Software

Comment

• marma
      New User
      • Mar 2013

Any update on this? I've been using the preview alpha release, it now forces me to upgrade to the beta from 12/27/2013. I can't live without sftp connections.

Comment

• Zoë
        Team Scooter
        • Oct 2007

The bug is specifically that entering a new password after an invalid login doesn't take effect until after you restart BC. SFTP support in general should still work fine. The workaround is to just make sure that you have the correct password saved in the profile.
        Zoë P Scooter Software

Comment

• marma
          New User
          • Mar 2013

Thanks! Didn't notice the ssh private key in the "global" profile.

Is there plan to support one ssh key per profile?

Originally posted by Craig
          The bug is specifically that entering a new password after an invalid login doesn't take effect until after you restart BC. SFTP support in general should still work fine. The workaround is to just make sure that you have the correct password saved in the profile.

Comment

• Aaron
            Team Scooter
            • Oct 2007

Hello,

It is on our wishlist to implement a per profile section, but not currently supported in BC4.
            Aaron P Scooter Software

Comment

Working...