Default 16340 Hiding recycle bin files

Is there a general way to hide specifically recycle bin files?

E.g. just these selected:

Currently I use a Filter term for each specific recycle bin folder I see e.g. -.\Dr5\ but this is unsafe because it can false match non-recycle-bin folders.
    Last edited by chrisjj; 11-Dec-2013 at 09:23 AM.

The Recycle Bin is named "Recycler" on disk, so just "-.\Recycler\" should eliminate all of them. The "S-1-5-21-776561741-1644491937-839522115-1003" subfolder is for your specific Windows user; I'm not sure how everything below that is organized.
    ZoŽ P Scooter Software

Quote Originally Posted by Craig View Post
    The Recycle Bin is named "Recycler" on disk, so just "-.\Recycler\" should eliminate all of them.
    Thanks, but it doesn't e.g.

I can't see how it could succeed, given .\Recycler\ does not match the Path.

PS FWIW, R: is a SUBST drive.

The "...\" is an indication that the path has been truncated for display purposes. If you hover over it with the mouse it will display the full path.

I don't know exactly what it is on your system; it's changed a few times over the years. On Windows 7 it looks like it's named "$RECYCLE.BIN" instead.
    ZoŽ P Scooter Software

The "...\" is an indication that the path has been truncated for display purposes.
    Ah. I suggest that's not a good choice, given that ...\ means something very different elsewhere in BC. Perhaps consider a triple-dot, … ?

If you hover over it with the mouse it will display the full path.
    Thanks - it does: R:\RECYCLER\S-1-5-21-776561741-1644491937-839522115-1003\Dr15.txt

I don't know exactly what it is on your system; it's changed a few times over the years. On Windows 7 it looks like it's named "$RECYCLE.BIN" instead.
    This is Windows XP. Filtering out precisely the name of the recycler folder does not work:

Last edited by chrisjj; 11-Dec-2013 at 10:26 AM.

Hello,

Are you using the latest release of BC3 (3.3.8)? And did you apply the filter (enter key)? In my tests on XP, this filter should hide the file as expected. What is not supported is the Suppress Filter; the items would not be viewable even if you suppress the filter.
    Aaron P Scooter Software

Quote Originally Posted by Aaron View Post
    Are you using the latest release of BC3 (3.3.8)?
    I am using buld 16340. That says version 3.3.8.

And did you apply the filter (enter key)?
    Er, no. I had no idea that ENTER was required. I've seen no mention of this in the docs. I hope this is on your list to fix.

Now I do press ENTER, it works. Thanks.

What is not supported is the Suppress Filter; the items would not be viewable even if you suppress the filter.
    Thanks for the warning. I hope this too is on your list to fix.

Yup, both of these are known issues or enhancements and are on our wishlist to investigate/tackle.
    Aaron P Scooter Software

Good to hear! Thanks Aaron.