Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Hi there,
    I am seeing the same issue.
    And have initially guessed that the issue is line endings related as I do all my work on a Mac, but all of our code is deployed to a Windows Server.

MacBook Pro (8 GB RAM)
    OSX 10.8.4
    Java version "1.7.0_25"
    Java(TM) SE Runtime Environment (build 1.7.0_25-b15)
    Java HotSpot(TM) 64-Bit Server VM (build 23.25-b01, mixed mode)

BC4 Build : 16821

Local files : SVN Controlled files (SVN 1.8.4)
    Remote files : Windows Server 2008 (via FTP)

Please let me know if you need anything else from me.

-Gavin.

Hi Gavin,

Sorry for the long delay getting back to you; we developed a bit of backlog during the beta and some forum posts slipped through.

First, make sure you're comparing file contents automatically. Open the Session->Session Settings... dialog and, on the "Comparison" tab, check the "Compare contents:" checkbox and and "Rules-based comparison" radio button.

Rules-based comparisons are equivalent to opening the file in the file viewer, so it will handle things like line differences that the binary compare will treat as differences.

If that doesn't help, also note that the file compare and folder compare have separate "Ignore unimportant differences" toggles, so you'll need to turn them on in both places if you want to ignore changes unimportant differences in both.

If that doesn't help, any additional information you can provide about your comparison settings or the types of differences that aren't being ignored would be helpful.
    ZoŽ P Scooter Software