Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Well, here's the screenshot I can give you. Hope it will help you (for my part, not at all ;-) ).

Almost. We need you to collapse the folders that are visible within BC3 for now, so we can see (roughly) the same list that is presented in DIR.

What the hunch is: there will be a folder showing in the DIR listing that isn't present in BC3. That is then the trouble folder which then displays as empty and infinitely loops. We just need to track down which Black Sabbath subfolder that is, and then determine why DIR/Explorer can handle it, but we are having trouble.

So, no expanded file listings are needed (for now)
    Aaron P Scooter Software

Ok, sorry for the misunderstanding

Better this way?

Of course, while we greatly appreciate the work it took to get, these pictures turned out to not contain the key information we needed. I went through and verified that each folder in DIR also appears in BC3. It seems that empty folder is some *additional* entry that isn't displayed anywhere in Explorer.

Let's try another test:

In BC3, set Black Sabbath as the base folder, then expand a few levels deep, Select All, leaving you with a selection of the Black Sabbath contents (including the empty folders).

Then right click and Copy Filename.

Now, go to Tools -> Text Edit, and Paste. Then use the File menu -> Save File As, and save it to your Desktop. Make sure the Encoding is set to "UTF-8". Could you then email us this file to support@scootersoftware.com (along with a link back to this forum thread)?
    Last edited by Aaron; 09-Apr-2014 at 03:24 PM. Reason: Edit: Let's just expand a couple levels and NOT Expand All
    Aaron P Scooter Software

Hey!

When I put the folder "Black Sabbath" as a base folder like you said, I have no more the problem... Look:

So it seem that the problem only appear with a global comparison of the whole folder!

... Strange isn't it?

Ok! Interesting.

Then, let's back up one directory to get the problem back, then expand a couple levels deep to show the 'empty' folders, then select them and a few others, then the Copy Filename command.
    Aaron P Scooter Software

OK. See the file attached for the request ;-)

And another interesting screenshot (all the subfolders of "Black Sabbath" are include twice in a blank folder. Not sure I'm clear...):

Hey Aaron!

I have answered to your mail but for everyone who have this problem: the issue seems to appear only with BC3.

With BC4, everything works just fine ;-) So, that's why I think that the problem comes from the software, BC3 (but it's only my idea)...