Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • AshuJoshi
    Visitor
    • Nov 2013

I just upgraded to Mavericks 10.9.1 - and of course Apple has not taken care of the problem. Can Scooter Software please put together a solution? Or send a link to a version that would work?

Comment

• Chris
      Team Scooter
      • Oct 2007

AshuJoshi,

I just emailed the address you used to register for this forum with a link to Beyond Compare 3.2.4. It should avoid the error with OSX 10.9.
      Chris K Scooter Software

Comment

• Chris
        Team Scooter
        • Oct 2007

As an alternative to downgrading to Beyond Compare 3.2.4, one of our customers provided another workaround by email.

Please note this solution hasn't been tested by Scooter Software.

I was able to solve it with these commands on my Windows 7 client:

To disable SMBv2 and SMBv3 on the SMB client, run the following commands:
        sc.exe config lanmanworkstation depend= bowser/mrxsmb10/nsi
        sc.exe config mrxsmb20 start= disabled

I found it at http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2696547
        Chris K Scooter Software

Comment

• lopes
          Visitor
          • Jan 2014

Originally posted by Chris
          AshuJoshi,

I just emailed the address you used to register for this forum with a link to Beyond Compare 3.2.4. It should avoid the error with OSX 10.9.
          I just upgraded to OS X Mavericks and I'm having this issue running BC3 on WineBottler. I use BC almost everyday to backup my files into different external hard drives. I never tested a software for mac like BC that was good enough to replace the not easy task to use a windows application on mac.
          I have purchased a copy of BC3. Can you also send me a link to Beyond Compare 3.2.4 so I can try the downgrade solution?

Comment

• Chris
            Team Scooter
            • Oct 2007

Rather than running BC3 for Windows in Winebottler, you might want to try BC4 beta, it has a native Mac version. You can get the beta here: http://www.scootersoftware.com/beta

I'll also email a link to version 3.2.4 to your forum account email address.
            Chris K Scooter Software

Comment

• lopes
              Visitor
              • Jan 2014

I tried the downgrade and it didn't worked. But the beta for Mac worked like a charm! Thank you so much!
              The only thing I would change on the interface would be giving more space to actual folder comparison and less space to the folders name and Sync button.
              The rest is perfect!

Comment

• lopes
                Visitor
                • Jan 2014

Never mind, i found how to do the folder comparison as I was used to! Thanks!

Comment

• Chris
                  Team Scooter
                  • Oct 2007

BC4 beta has a fix in it that should work around the bug with OS X 10.9 Mavericks file shares. For anyone experiencing this bug in version 3, please try the latest BC4 beta and let us know if it fixes the problem.

You can download the beta here:
                  http://www.scootersoftware.com/beta.php
                  Chris K Scooter Software

Comment

• lopes
                    Visitor
                    • Jan 2014

Beta is working well

I've been using beta for a few days and it is working really well. No bug with the filesystem at all. But I've been using it locally on my Mac OS X Mavericks only. I'm not using SMB. I just need the routine to backup my files from my mac to my external hard drive. Thanks for sharing the link and for creating a mac version of a really cool software.

Comment

• Chris
                      Team Scooter
                      • Oct 2007

The OSX 10.9 Mavericks SMB2 bug is now fixed in Beyond Compare 3.3.9.

You can download version 3.3.9 from our download page.
                      Chris K Scooter Software

Comment

• labidouille
                        Visitor
                        • Mar 2014

Are you sure SMB2 problem is solved in version 3.3.9

Hello,
                        I'm using beyond compare 3.3.8 then 3.3.9 on Windows 8.1 to compare folders with a mac (Maverick) using Windows Sharing and I have same issue "Unable to load Z:...The specified path is invalid"
                        I also tried with Beyond Compare 4 (build 17677) and I have same issue.
                        Thanks by advance.

Comment

• Aaron
                          Team Scooter
                          • Oct 2007

In our testing and several customers have verified that the smb2 specific issue was fixed. It is possible you are running into a different problem. Are you able to access Z:\ from Windows Explorer, or does it prompt for any extra information?

Are you able to access the location using the \\ComputerName\folder path found if you browse your Network?
                          Aaron P Scooter Software

Comment

• labidouille
                            Visitor
                            • Mar 2014

My problem seems quite similar to the one described in this post :
                            It worked before I upgrade my Mac to Maverick (with Mountain Lion 10.8)
                            The folders I try to compare contains many directory & files photos & Videos (275GB / 47243 files / 592 directory)
                            To answer your questions : Yes I have no problem on Windows and It's working in both ways (UNC path and map drive)
                            I map the drive using command net use z: \\mac-mini\EXT_HDD /user:Mac-mini\myusername mypassword
                            I doubled checked my Beyond Compare version, It's version 3.3.9 build 17611
                            My OS X version is 10.9.2

Anyway my problem seems a little bit different, as I can compare folders having my videos with more than 32 files (130GB / 1808 files / 46 folders / the bigger folder contains 118 files)

Comment

• Zoë
                              Team Scooter
                              • Oct 2007

"The specified path is invalid" is a different error than the SMB one that we fixed was. We've seen it in house with a very deep folder. For the paths that are having trouble, how long is the fully qualified path to them? If you rename the name to something shorter, does it start working?
                              Zoë P Scooter Software

Comment

• labidouille
                                Visitor
                                • Mar 2014

I don't have a very long path. On Mac side, I mapped as a letter and a path having an error looks like that : Z:\Photos-Video\Photos\Auto-Moto\2010-10-11_Mondial-auto\Mondial-2010-auto_001.JPG
                                I also try to reduce the path lengts to Y:\Auto-Moto\2010-10-11_Mondial-auto\Mondial-2010-auto_001.JPG, I have the same error messages.
                                I attached a screencapture of BeyondCompare, I hope it can help you.
                                Last edited by labidouille; 26-Mar-2014, 09:22 PM.

Comment

Working...