• Sep 2013

Alignment Overide (Static Prefix)

Hi

I'm having trouble with alignment overrides. My first attempt was this:

StaticText-24-Sep-2013-16-46-58.csv
    StaticText-27-Aug-2013-12-36-13.csv

StaticText(-\d{2}-[a-zA-Z]{3}-\d{4}-\d{2}-\d{2}-\d{2})\.csv
    StaticText$1.csv

Then I did some reading on the forums and discovered you can't do an alignment override on a constantly shifting number. I was really disappointed by this. The only reason I bought the pro version was to utilise this feature. Its a pretty big limitation and I don't believe its well communicated in the documentation.

I then tried the following also with using regex. No joy.
    StaticText*.csv
    StaticText*.csv

Is there are way to match files where the prefix is always ths same without renaming the files. Renaming kind of defeats the purpose for me as I then need to move the files somewhere else and rename as I need to maintain the a repository of files with the date and timestamps intact across environments.

Thanks
  • Aaron
    Team Scooter
    • Oct 2007

Hello,

The mask examples you have need to match on the equal text between the two files, not the different text. Your mask would match on "StaticText", which could then also be referred to in the replace with $1 if using () RegEx. We do not have a method to mask out a constantly shifting number. A rename of one side could work, matching on something like:
    StaticText-24-Sep-2013-16-46-58.csv
    to
    StaticText.csv

With
    StaticText-.*\.csv
    to
    StaticText.csv

If StaticText were actually VariableText, our replacements would be able to handle that:
    Variable-24-Sep-2013-16-46-58.csv
    to
    Variable.csv

With
    (.*)-\d\d-.*\.csv
    to
    $1.csv

We try to offer as generous a trial as we are able to help users test any features. The trial itself can switch between Pro and Std in the Help menu -> About dialog. If you are already registered for Std, you can revert to trial mode to test any Pro features, following this guide:
    http://www.scootersoftware.com/suppo...?zz=kb_evalpro
    The trial itself only counts down days of use, so if you do not boot up the application for a few days or a week, those days don't count against the time limit.

If BC3 Pro is unable to meet your needs, please contact us at [email protected] and include a link back to this forum thread for our reference, and I can forward your request to sales.
    Aaron P Scooter Software

Comment

Working...