X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • mryan
    Expert
    • Apr 2012

Strange Behavior

FYI, I had some problems installing the build 16750 update (see Update went smoothly thread).

In short, I clicked the New Folder Compare button, the app hung for a bit, and then a File Compare session was re-opened.
    1. After manually loading BC4, I was viewing the home screen.
    2. I'm pretty sure I clicked the New Folder Compare item at the top of the left sidebar, which is what I typically do when I want to open a search.
    3. The app beach-balled for maybe 20 seconds, during which Activity Monitor said the app was not responding.
    4. Eventually, BC4 resumed and the home screen was replaced by a File Compare window for a session I made about 4 days ago.

I attempted to reproduce the issue by closing BC4 and following the above steps, but all seems well now. FYI, when I manually open the session mentioned in step 4, BC4 opens it immediately, without delay. I have no idea why BC4 hung for so long previously.

It's also extremely unlikely that I mistakenly opened the old session, as it was hidden in the collapsed "4 days ago" folder. I'm nearly 100% sure that I clicked on "Folder Compare", as mentioned in step 2.
    Last edited by mryan; 24-Sep-2013, 03:41 PM. Reason: Updated the build number
Working...