X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • DEinspanjer
    Enthusiast
    • Nov 2007

BUG: Using git difftool when there is a deleted jar opens an odd session

I am using the suggested .gitconf from the sticky thread.

Here is the output of git status:
    # On branch lagunitas
    # Changes not staged for commit:
    # (use "git add/rm <file>..." to update what will be committed)
    # (use "git checkout -- <file>..." to discard changes in working directory)
    #
    # modified: .classpath
    # deleted: lib/mondrian.xsd
    # deleted: lib/xml-apis.jar
    # modified: src/main/mondrian/server/MondrianServerRegistry.java
    # modified: testsrc/main/mondrian/test/BasicQueryTest.java
    #
    # Untracked files:
    # (use "git add <file>..." to include in what will be committed)
    #
    # demo/FoodMartCreateData.sql
    # demo/access/
    no changes added to commit (use "git add" and/or "git commit -a")

The first session opens fine. comparing .classpath to upstream.
    The second compares the upstream mondrian.xsd to /dev/null which isn't ideal but doesn't cause problems for me.

The third session is weird though. It opens up two tabs.
    The first tab is a folder compare session comparing a tmp folder named T (full path changes, but one example is: /private/var/folders/nk/cbb5z71s19n0jdkbhwsztfzhp9jdcq/T ) to /dev
    The second tab is a file compare for MondrianServerRegistry.java.

After I close both those tabs, it starts the fourth session which is a file compare of BasicQueryTest.java.

So it seems that bcomp isn't handling the arguments being passed in for the deleted jar well. I added an echo command to the .gitconf to see what the arguments being passed to bcomp look like. Here they are:

/usr/local/bin/bcomp /var/folders/nk/cbb5z71s19n0jdkbhwsztfzhp9jdcq/T//SLot86_.classpath .classpath
    /usr/local/bin/bcomp /var/folders/nk/cbb5z71s19n0jdkbhwsztfzhp9jdcq/T//Qgddom_mondrian.xsd /dev/null
    /usr/local/bin/bcomp /var/folders/nk/cbb5z71s19n0jdkbhwsztfzhp9jdcq/T//pmiS75_xml-apis.jar /dev/null
    /usr/local/bin/bcomp /var/folders/nk/cbb5z71s19n0jdkbhwsztfzhp9jdcq/T//B9FIRR_MondrianServerRegistry.java src/main/mondrian/server/MondrianServerRegistry.java
    /usr/local/bin/bcomp /var/folders/nk/cbb5z71s19n0jdkbhwsztfzhp9jdcq/T//usOdsN_BasicQueryTest.java testsrc/main/mondrian/test/BasicQueryTest.java
  • Aaron
    Team Scooter
    • Oct 2007

Thanks for these details. This is likely related to the use of /devnull. We'll look into getting a fix in the next release.
    Aaron P Scooter Software

Comment

Working...