X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Dov
    Journeyman
    • Aug 2013

Confirmation dialog suppression

Many Mac apps (like iTunes) will allow you to suppress a confirmation dialog by holding the command key. Today I was doing a folder comparison and didn't want to permanently disable the warning about performing a Copy, but it would have been nice to be able to hold Command while clicking Copy and have that avoid the confirmation.
  • Aaron
    Team Scooter
    • Oct 2007

Hello,

Thanks for the feedback. Could you give a few specific examples of overriding the prompt? I tested out a few commands, such as Get Track Names in iTunes, which had a default "Ok" and option to Never Show Again. I was unable to suppress the prompt by holding the Cmd key.
    Aaron P Scooter Software

Comment

• Dov
      Journeyman
      • Aug 2013

If you try to delete a playlist or a track, it won't confirm it when you hold Command, though after resetting my warnings I saw that others (like Get Info for multiple tracks) don't behave this way.

The Option key might also make sense (cf. the Apple menu - with it open, press and release Option and witness the "..." appearing and disappearing after "Sleep" and "Restart"). As a user, I tried both keys.

Comment

• Aaron
        Team Scooter
        • Oct 2007

Thanks for the example cases. I'll add this feedback to our notes.
        Aaron P Scooter Software

Comment

Working...