X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • tomacpace
    Visitor
    • Apr 2013

Crash report for Mac 4.0.16447, during Import Settings

On my Windows machine, I have Beyond Compare 3.3.4.14431.

Today I exported my settings, to import them into the Mac version. I found the mac app had a new update, so it was updated to 4.0.16447. Then I proceeded to import the settings.

Selected Tools > Import Settings
    Selected the file from "Import Beyond Compare Settings" of the "Import Settings" dialog.
    Clicked Next to reach "What settings do you want to import?"

I didn't see this "what settings.." page of the dialog my first time. I saw a crash report window appear overtop the BC UI, and have attached it here.

When clicking through the crash report save window and it disappeared, I found the BC app still running, and in fact the Import Settings dialog was still active.

---
    Edit: whoops finished this message too soon. Continuing from here...

This thread was posted before finishing the actual import dialog, just a sense of urgency to report it and carry on my merry way. But, the whole app crashed a few import-settings-dialog pages later, I believe on the page selecting the file formats.

I repeated this just now. It happened, as I say, on the page for selecting file formats. But it happened when I scrolled through the list, so something in the list is a rotten entry.

The bottom of the list that appears shows the following (v for checked, - for unchecked)
    v Registry dumps
    - RTF
    - Sorted
    - SQL
    - Visual Basic Source
    - XML

when trying to get beyond XML, the app crashes with EXC_BAD_ACCESS.
    I'm not very familiar with manually symbolicating from the crash logs on a mac, although I have done so using online crash report services for my own iOS apps. So I can't be certain if I give an excerpt of the crash report, could it then be symbolicated, or do I need to send the whole thing.
    Last edited by tomacpace; 17-Jul-2013, 12:38 PM. Reason: added more info about second crash
  • Chris
    Team Scooter
    • Oct 2007

Thanks for reporting the crash. This is on our bug list to be fixed in an upcoming version of BC4 Mac.
    Chris K Scooter Software

Comment

Working...