• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • vleon1012
    New User
    • Jul 2013

Unable to ignore certain report header differences

Hi All,

First of all I loved BC2 and just got BC3 and it's great. However, I've been struggling with comparing a specific output a few days and I've given up hope of figuring it out.

I'm comparing hundreds of banking report outputs, where the left side is the original Production output and the right side is the Development Test output. With the exception of report headers, the reports are supposed to be identical. I need to ignore the first 6 line headers of every output.

Here are the report details:
    -report width is 133 characters
    -first 6 lines are headers (need to ignore all text)

The Grammar rule I created is probably crude but it works by ignoring headers on all but 4 outputs. The rule is regular expression which contains 133 periods:

^................................................. .................................................. ..................................$

See below regarding compare results at this link
    http://s1366.photobucket.com/user/By...00e14.png.html

• Line 1
    - Note first instance of header indicated by “1RUN DATE” is marked as Unimportant as expected
    • Line 58
    - Note 2nd instance of header is not marked as unimportant. I need to have this considered an unimportant difference
    • Line 14
    & others - Note that certain important differences are marked as unimportant in the counts in the body of the report (Year to date totals). Need to have these marked as important differences
  • Aaron
    Team Scooter
    • Oct 2007

Hello,

You have multiple headers that appear in this file, and it is not just the first 6 lines, correct? Does the header repeat every time with the text "RUN DATE" as the lead in, then the next 6 lines?

I would recommend using the "Lines" grammar item. You can have it match on "RUN DATE", then match the next "6" Lines. Would this match on the text you need it to for these files?

http://www.scootersoftware.com/suppo..._unimportantv3
    Aaron P Scooter Software

Comment

• vleon1012
      New User
      • Jul 2013

Originally posted by Aaron
      Hello,

You have multiple headers that appear in this file, and it is not just the first 6 lines, correct? Does the header repeat every time with the text "RUN DATE" as the lead in, then the next 6 lines?

I would recommend using the "Lines" grammar item. You can have it match on "RUN DATE", then match the next "6" Lines. Would this match on the text you need it to for these files?

http://www.scootersoftware.com/suppo..._unimportantv3
      Thanks for the prompt response! You're suggestion worked. I was already using a Lines grammar item but matching on RUN DATE like you suggested was more effective than my clumsy expression.

Appreciate it!

Comment

Working...