Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Hide command doesn't work quite right

Either from the menu "Beyond Compare > Hide Beyond Compare" or the shortcut Command+H, Beyond Compare doesn't hide itself properly. It's just putting another application in the foreground rather than disappearing from the desktop.

Thanks for this report. We'll look into this. I have managed to reproduce this during a comparison, but have had trouble reproducing from just the Home screen (with no work processing in the background).

Are you also currently mid-comparison, or have a comparison open, when attempting this?
    Aaron P Scooter Software

I've got a few comparison tabs open.

I'm seeing this, too. If I start a session, and even if I wait for comparison to complete, the app won't hide.

Oddly, if I create a new window, the app will show/hide properly, even with the original session's window still open.

We have a potential fix currently in development. Please keep an eye out for the next build and let us know if you are able to repeat it once we get it released.
    Aaron P Scooter Software

FTR, build 17036 still has this issue on my machine. Just in case you thought it was closed. The behavior was changed a little, though. Now the initial session window won't hide at any time (even after creating a new window), but any newly created windows will hide properly.

Even more stranger, if I add a new tab to the non-hiding window, it will hide properly but if I remove the new tab the window will revert to not hiding. Very odd.
    Last edited by derbbre; 27-Nov-2013 at 03:27 PM.

Thanks for the follow-up report. I'll update the tracker entry for our developers to re-investigate this.
    Aaron P Scooter Software

hello, i wanted to bump this thread and let you know this is still an issue. I'm on the latest beta (Version 4.2 (build 22302)) but it's been an issue for a long time.

'Hide' is acting more like 'send to back' than a true 'hide'.

I've been working round this bug for a few years now. It would be good if you could fix it once and for all.

Is there any info we can give you that would help?

Hello,

We thought the issue was resolved, but it's apparently still an issue. Could you provide screenshots with precisely the behavior you are seeing before you Hide and after your Hide if possible? Or describe in detail what you were doing before and after executing a Hide?
    Aaron P Scooter Software