Default Comparison defaulting to Data

All of a sudden, I'm finding the beyond compare is defaulting file comparisons to data compare. It thinks the files are tab-separated values when they're plain text without any tabs.
    Did I do something to the settings somehow, or is it related to the latest version upgrade (3.3.8 build 16340)?

Hello,

The default compare type is determined by the list of installed File Formats, in the Tools menu -> File Formats. If you go here, and look through the list top to bottom, which format matches your file extension first? If the format has a gold icon, it is a Data format and would open in the data compare. You can disable the format by unchecking it, deleting it, or by creating a new Text format and placing it higher in the list and associated with your file mask.

How does this work for you?
    Aaron P Scooter Software

Thanks, that seems to help. I added a text file format at the top:

Attachment 1146

(I hope the screenshot I attached comes through)

Funny, I don't recall changing this list recently, certainly not deleting a type of "text"...

Yoram

Which format was being used below? I noticed at least one more "Dump*.txt" mask. Was there another lower yet that matched on *.txt or similar, and had a gold icon?
    Aaron P Scooter Software

Yes, below is the next page in that table, and it does show Tab Separated Values and the mask *.txt,*.xls

Attachment 1147

Again, I don't think I changed any of these (other than adding yb dump and clarion source a long time ago), certainly not recently (and of course I added the *.txt at the top as you suggested and now it works)