X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • benny
    Visitor
    • Jun 2013

treat important change as unmatched in other file

I have a new daily file which needs to be compared to yesterday's file. I need to be able to flag lines as being changed, added, or deleted from the previous file based on an identifying field (e.g. account #). Currently, if the left file has an additional line the report correctly shows a mising line in the right file and vice versa. However, if both files have the same number of lines and line 2 has different account #'s in each file the report shows the line as changed where I would like to show as added from the left file and deleted from the right file.

I tried using grammers for this and so far have been unsuccessful.

Please let me know if this is possible.
  • Aaron
    Team Scooter
    • Oct 2007

Hello,

Would it be better to use the Data Compare session type, if your columns can be defined, and mark the Account # column as the Key column? You can set any column as Key by right clicking the header and setting it to Key, Standard, or Unimportant.

In the Text Compare, you can define a grammar element that matches on the Account #, then mark Everything Else as Unimportant, and then in the Alignment set to Never Align Differences (which only applies to Important differences, which would then only apply to the Account #).
    We have a KB article and video here for defining a grammar and marking it as Unimportant. You can perform the reverse to mark it as Important, then uncheck all other items:
    http://www.scootersoftware.com/suppo..._unimportantv3

If you have any questions, please let us know. You can also email us at [email protected] with a pair of sample files, a full screen screenshot, and your current BCSupport.zip (Help menu -> Support; Export) and we can work with you to help set up the necessary grammar items.

If you email us, please include a link back to this forum thread for our reference.
    Aaron P Scooter Software

Comment

Working...