• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Tri
    Visitor
    • May 2013

Excel row misalignment

Hi,

I'm compare 2 files and see a misalignment in the old version as an extra row were there.

How do I manually align? Meaning on the right-side to force down 1 row from line 93.

See below screenshot.
    The view is in 'Show All' mode.

I expected Beyond Compare to insert an empty row (to indicate missing) on the right side.
    Is this a bug in the compare logic?
    Last edited by Tri; 05-Jun-2013, 08:04 PM.
  • misi01
    Old Hand
    • Jun 2005

Simple

In the left pane, right-click on the line that is your base line and select Align with. Then in the right pane, right-click on the line you want aligned with your base line and select Align with marked.

That should do it

Comment

• Aaron
      Team Scooter
      • Oct 2007

Hello,

The Align With option is only available in the Text Compare session type. The Data Compare sorts and aligns based on the Key column/s.

Which column is currently the Key column? This column should contain a unique value that determines if the row should align to another row. You can also set multiple columns together to be the key. For example, an EmployeeID column, or the combination of both FirstName and LastName columns.

You can right click any column header and set it as a Key, Standard, or Unimportant. By default, column 1 is the Key.
      Aaron P Scooter Software

Comment

Working...