X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • amerifax
    Visitor
    • Jun 2007

Compare images that are in folder

I have a folder with well over 1000 images. Many of the images are duplicates. Some of the occasions are just a few degrees from the same, rotation. There actually images of documents, jpg. Is her way. The check that folder and to end up with a list or a few of the images that are close to be in the same.

Bob
  • Aaron
    Team Scooter
    • Oct 2007

Hello,

BC3 does not support scanning a single folder based on content, and pick out the duplicate or near duplicate files. This is something on our radar and Customer Wishlist, but we're unable to perform this type of scan in the current version.

If you have two folders/locations, and can line them up side by side so that the file names match (or you are using an Alignment Override rule), then we can perform a content scan on the aligned files. The pair must align by file name first before the scan will run when in the Folder Compare.

Alternatively, you can open individual pairs of files in the Picture Compare to compare any two specific files.
    Aaron P Scooter Software

Comment

• amerifax
      Visitor
      • Jun 2007

Here is how my duplications affect my issue.
      1. They may or may not have the same filename.
      2. they may or may not have the same files size or document size.
      3. They are all black and white. The basic document or I should say record is very close in proximity.

Since it is a document you are all laid out with the same basic pattern. For the most part, like any record, if you hold that up about 15' away it will look the same as any other document. I'm looking for a program that can look at the document and see the difference based on a percentage that I can enter. If document was hundred percent identical and I put in 100% that would work. If the document had my new differences of 15 to 30% I could also work with this type of condition.

If your program does not have this capability don't be surprised because I have not found one that has. Actually I believe I did find one but I don't remember what which one it was and I'am hoping you might be able to lead me in the right direction.

Bob

Comment

• Aaron
        Team Scooter
        • Oct 2007

Hello,

Our Picture Compare supports marking specific pixel differences as unimportant if the difference in the individual pixel value is within a certain rage. This isn't the kind of scan you are looking for however, as you would rather mark the entire file as equal or different based on the number of pixels.

BC3 could generate a report to show the number of different pixels, but you would need to parse the report manually; we do not currently support marking a file as equal/different based on the number of pixel differences.
        Aaron P Scooter Software

Comment

• mr_mop
          New User
          • Nov 2012

I've used the ImageMagick tool previously to compare images. It may help you to achieve what you want ( along with a bit of scripting )
          http://www.imagemagick.org/script/compare.php

Comment

Working...