• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Adrian--1
    Journeyman
    • Feb 2009

Expanding folders in edit menu

An enhancement request for BC-3.

The "Expand all" folders command in the edit menu expands everything. It would be useful to have a command that fully expands a selected folder or folders, but not everything.

Reason for the request: I have a saved session that opens the root folders of a disk to removable media comparison. Normally I want to pick and choose rather than doing a full synchronisation. So I have to do an expand all, then double click on several folders that are not important today to close them.

Related topic: Neither "Expand" nor "Collapse" are in the help index that was installed with BC3.3.7.

Thanks
    Adrian
  • Aaron
    Team Scooter
    • Oct 2007

Hello,

These commands are available in BC3. Right click a selection of subfolders and use Open Subfolders or Close Subfolder. If either is disabled, you can add them to the context menu using the Folder Compare's Tools menu -> Customize Commands.
    Aaron P Scooter Software

Comment

• Adrian--1
      Journeyman
      • Feb 2009

Thank you Aaron. If the BC3 menus were consistent or the help pages were better I might have found the command myself.

The Edit menu has "Expand all" and "Collapse All" entries. The Action menu and, as you pointed out, the right-click menu have "Open subfolders". It is confusing to have different names and use different menu for very similar operations.

Regards
      Adrian

Comment

• Lutz
        Veteran
        • Oct 2007

Hi Aaron,

Close Subfolders doesn't work on multiple selection everytime.
        I tested Music vs. Music4mobile (different compression and tags, display filter=orphans only), selecting folders A and B (from A to Z of course), Open Subfolders opens A and B but following Close Subfolders only closes B while A is still selected (if I first select B then A A is closed, so Close after Open closes the last selected folder). A new selection of A and B works fine.

Greetings Lutz

Comment

• Aaron
          Team Scooter
          • Oct 2007

Thanks for the report, Lutz. It should affect the whole selection; I'll open a tracker entry to investigate.
          Aaron P Scooter Software

Comment

Working...