Default Expanding folders in edit menu

An enhancement request for BC-3.

The "Expand all" folders command in the edit menu expands everything. It would be useful to have a command that fully expands a selected folder or folders, but not everything.

Reason for the request: I have a saved session that opens the root folders of a disk to removable media comparison. Normally I want to pick and choose rather than doing a full synchronisation. So I have to do an expand all, then double click on several folders that are not important today to close them.

Related topic: Neither "Expand" nor "Collapse" are in the help index that was installed with BC3.3.7.

Thanks
    Adrian

Hello,

These commands are available in BC3. Right click a selection of subfolders and use Open Subfolders or Close Subfolder. If either is disabled, you can add them to the context menu using the Folder Compare's Tools menu -> Customize Commands.
    Aaron P Scooter Software

Thank you Aaron. If the BC3 menus were consistent or the help pages were better I might have found the command myself.

The Edit menu has "Expand all" and "Collapse All" entries. The Action menu and, as you pointed out, the right-click menu have "Open subfolders". It is confusing to have different names and use different menu for very similar operations.

Regards
    Adrian

Hi Aaron,

Close Subfolders doesn't work on multiple selection everytime.
    I tested Music vs. Music4mobile (different compression and tags, display filter=orphans only), selecting folders A and B (from A to Z of course), Open Subfolders opens A and B but following Close Subfolders only closes B while A is still selected (if I first select B then A A is closed, so Close after Open closes the last selected folder). A new selection of A and B works fine.

Greetings Lutz

Thanks for the report, Lutz. It should affect the whole selection; I'll open a tracker entry to investigate.
    Aaron P Scooter Software