"Affect visible files" (plus crash report)

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Aaron
    Team Scooter
    • Oct 2007

Hello Bill,

For BC3, is there a method to configure it so that your files are excluded using Name Filters, Display Filters, Date Filters, Attribute Filters, or one of the Other Filters types? Is there a logical rule that could be applied to hide these files from the outset, so they are not part of the sync?

In this instance, in order for BC3 to overwrite the files on the other side, you must have selected a folder with items inside of it (not excluded by any filtering) and then told it to sync based on that selection.

We have a video that shows this in detail here:
    http://www.scootersoftware.com/video...tionPart1.html
    Aaron P Scooter Software

Comment

• BillT
      Expert
      • Mar 2013

Watched the video, and frankly only a programmer would find this approach LESS confusing than simple WYSIWYG. (I should know, I are one ;-)

Filters dont work for me -- as mentioned previously, my main workflow with BC is to sync two directory trees (usually either a drive backup or a source tree merge). For that I'll get a comparison, and then collapse all the directories and then expand them one-by-one so I can visually inspect what's going on, then use sync right and/or sync left to get the trees in sync.

I need something more dynamic than filters, and I need to be comfortable that I wont get any surprises (i.e., stuff getting updated/overwritten without my knowledge).

Comment

• BillT
        Expert
        • Mar 2013

Originally posted by BillT
        ... and I need to be comfortable that I wont get any surprises (i.e., stuff getting updated/overwritten without my knowledge).
        And I would add, without having to think about it too much. That's what I love about the way BC2 works -- if I can see it (may have to scroll, but that's OK), it gets synced -- otherwise not.

I often use BC under "battlefield conditions" ;-)

Comment

Working...