X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Burnone
    Visitor
    • Mar 2013

Stream Read Error

I have gotten this a few times on specific .csv files when invoking the command line

git difftool

I have about 8 files it diffs. Some of the .csv work fine, but a few of them give this error.

See screen shot
    David J. Reese
    Web: Games On The Down Low

Check Out my iPhone Games
    Hard8 | Prize Machine | Underworlds
  • Aaron
    Team Scooter
    • Oct 2007

Do the same files, when git difftool is run on them, give the same error every time?

If you create local copy of that pair of files in another location, do the files still give the error?
    Aaron P Scooter Software

Comment

• Burnone
      Visitor
      • Mar 2013

Yes, the same files give the same error. I didn't try to move them to a different location.
      David J. Reese
      Web: Games On The Down Low

Check Out my iPhone Games
      Hard8 | Prize Machine | Underworlds

Comment

• Aaron
        Team Scooter
        • Oct 2007

Hello,

This might be more specific to the files themselves than the git process. We have another case that is similar that we are looking into. If you do copy the files to another, local location, does it reproduce for you?
        Aaron P Scooter Software

Comment

• Chris
          Team Scooter
          • Oct 2007

The error might be due to the size of the .csv files. How large are the problem .csv files you're comparing?

I tested the current Mac build and generated a stream read error with a pair of 10 MB .csv files. Files with the same column layout but under 1 MB in size opened without the error.
          Chris K Scooter Software

Comment

Working...