X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Cub1961
    New User
    • Aug 2010

Shared Licence and Scripting

It looks like our company uses a shared license. So when I launch BC from programs it actually launches it as this, C:\Windows\SysWOW64\CCM\VAppLauncher.exe /launch "Beyond Compare 3 3.3.5.15075".

This makes script automation from command line seemingly impossible because unlike when installed locally I cannot use bcompare.exe. Is this correct? Is there a consideration for this kind of setup with regard to how I need to script commands?
  • Aaron
    Team Scooter
    • Oct 2007

To activate a script command, the eventual command line would need to be:
    bcompare.exe "@c:\script.txt"

The consideration would need to be with VAppLauncher. You need to be able to pass a parameter on the command line to tell it which script file to launch.

With most automated solutions like the one your IT dept set up, you can still pass parameters along the command line, so your company would need to setup another shortcut, similar to:
    C:\Windows\SysWOW64\CCM\VAppLauncher.exe /launch "Beyond Compare 3 3.3.5.15075 Scripting" "%1"

Where the shortcut can take a parameter and pass it back to the executable as it launches:
    bcompare.exe "@%1"

Where %1 is an accessible bcscript.txt file. The syntax may not be exact (%1), but your IT dept should know what it is.
    Aaron P Scooter Software

Comment

Working...