• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • spelc
    Visitor
    • Feb 2013

Installation

I'm using a 15" MacBook Pro (standard display) with 10.8.2

When I clicked on the .dmg file, I could not see the Applications destination. Normally, all that one sees are source and destination icons and a message to drag one to another. The box I got included .localized and .DS_Store but no Applications ... until I scrolled.

Otherwise, I have performed my usual scan of a 200Mb source tree from the Mac to a remote drive on a Windows box and all went well. For a first release this is excellent! Well done, everyone.
  • Zoë
    Team Scooter
    • Oct 2007

Can you send us a screenshot of what the window looked like when you first opened it? By default it should look exactly like you're describing, with the BC icon and the Applications folder, with an arrow between them. All of the files that start with a . should be off the bottom of the window in the lower left corner.
    Zoë P Scooter Software

Comment

• spelc
      Visitor
      • Feb 2013

Installation image

Attached is the image I get. Note that a two-finger vertical scroll permits me to find what looks like the right icons.

The .dmg file was double-clicked in the Downloads folder.

Stephen

Comment

• Zoë
        Team Scooter
        • Oct 2007

I'm not sure what's going on. That's what you would see if you selected "Arrange By > Name" in the View menu, and there is a way to make that the default view, but I just tested that on both Snow Leopard and Mountain Lion and neither one opened that way.
        Zoë P Scooter Software

Comment

• spelc
          Visitor
          • Feb 2013

I just installed a new version of UltraEdit and the installer behaved the same way. It's looking like a change between OS X 10.8.1 and 10.8.2.

Comment

Working...