Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Default First Thoughts on BC4 Mac

After about 15 mins of use, all I can say is: Thank you! I can stop my search for a good Diff tool on the Mac. The text compare is the best and EZest to use that I have seen.

Feedback on your questions:

• Should files and folders be sorted together alphabetically, like Finder, or sorted with folders on top like BC & Explorer?
      -I vote for folders on top, unless we can have an option in the preferences switching between them.

• OS X apps generally don't include icons or keyboard shortcuts in their right-click menus, so BC currently doesn't either. Is this an issue for you?
      -Nope Icons are nice, but not required.
    Last edited by xgen; 12-Feb-2013 at 02:47 PM. Reason: I neglected the "NOT" in the icons question

I second xgen... THANK YOU!

I also vote for folders on top. An option would be nice.

Icons are not required IMO.

Do you two want a fodder sort option because you'd actually use it? Leaving the folders o top like the Windows build is less work for me, so I'm only going to make it sort like Finder if people actually want that. We could have it dependent on where you are, too. The main comparison window could be folders on top for usability's sake, but the browse dialog could show them intermixed, for example.
    ZoŽ P Scooter Software

Whatever you choose, the sort/folder order should be the same in ALL parts of BC. Having different sorting order would seem like a bug, and it would be annoying to have to search/scroll in different ways in different parts of the program.

I am personally OK with the folders on top like the windows version has. I discovered last week that Delta Walker has that option, but I have never used it. I put it in the category of, it is minimal effort to add the option, go for it, it will make some people happy. If it is a lot of work, skip it, people will use it and maybe complain. If they do, you can add it in a later version. This is not a critical feature.

I agree with Xgen and Ecroutha.. I prefer the folders on top, then files. It would be nice to have an option to change that should you want/need, but I prefer the traditional bf3 and explorer approach. I don't foresee a need for directories interleaved with files, but doesn't mean there isn't one..

First Impressions.

Super awesome! Wanted to say this is the most amazing app I have loaded on my mac since perhaps the Adobe suite. And I am very pleased and excited with it so I don't want my input to sound whiny or ungrateful lol because I am very grateful for the awesome super hero devs at Scooter Software. Thank you.

So here it goes:

Contextual highlights are right on.

The Icons "home, session...." Need a more solid button feel to them. Or a separator between them.

New tabs appear above the home icons. Anyway to move them below this? Leaving the home icon row static.

In folder view, the "Copy to Right/Left" should be in some way slightly more noticeable when selections are made. Right now it kinda falls in with the rest.

The rest of it... i'm just amazed at how responsive it is.

Thanks for the feedback.

What do you mean by contextual highlights?

The look and feel of the toolbars are still a work in progress. The tabs have to stay on top though since the available commands and controls will vary depending on the comparison type.
    ZoŽ P Scooter Software

Quote Originally Posted by xgen View Post
    After about 15 mins of use, all I can say is: Thank you! I can stop my search for a good Diff tool on the Mac. The text compare is the best and EZest to use that I have seen.

Feedback on your questions:

• Should files and folders be sorted together alphabetically, like Finder, or sorted with folders on top like BC & Explorer?
      -I vote for folders on top, unless we can have an option in the preferences switching between them.

• OS X apps generally don't include icons or keyboard shortcuts in their right-click menus, so BC currently doesn't either. Is this an issue for you?
      -Nope Icons are nice, but not required.
    Exactly the two items I was going to comment on. Folders on top and I *hate* how Mac OS X does not show the keyboard shortcuts as part of the right-click menus and would love to have them available at least in BC (of course, icons are nice but not required).

Default Thanks!

I have missed this application since switching to Mac. The Wine route was such a pain.

I have only used BC4-mac a little while now and my diff workflow is so much better.