X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • jeiholzer
    New User
    • Aug 2017

AWS S3 folder not visible

I am wondering if anyone else is having this issue.

I am on a Windows7 machine with BC 4.2.2. I set up an S3 profiles that works great.

The issue is that there is one folder I cannot see. I have S3 Browsers installed using the exact same credentials and I can see the folder there. If I go into S3 using the a browser using the same credentials I can see the folder. So I knwo the permissions on S3 are good.

So for example in S3 I have
    Bucket
    folder1
    folder2
    folder3

In S3 Browser and AWS console I see all three folders. In BC4 I see folders 1 & 3 but not 2. And of coursse that is the one I am interested in.

Thank you,
    Joel

Joel
  • Aaron
    Team Scooter
    • Oct 2007

Hello,

We'll need more specific details to help track this down.

First quick test: if you enable the View menu -> Suppress Filters, do any missing items show up? That would indicate a filter configuration, and would be an easy fix.

If that isn't the problem, we'll need a bit more specific information about your Bucket. Which region are you connecting to? If you create additional folders in or externally of BC4 are they visible in BC4? Are there any errors present in the Log pane? If you try to browse to the folder by typing in the full folder path (navigate to Folder 1, then replace that name with Folder2 and hit Enter), what error is shown in the Log pane?
    You can post here or privately email us at [email protected] (along with a link to this forum thread for our reference).
    Aaron P Scooter Software

Comment

• jeiholzer
      New User
      • Aug 2017

I figured it out. Obviously the bucket has a folder named folder2. But it also had a file named folder2 of zero length. No idea why and will have to look into that. But once the file is removed I can see the folder in BC4.

Thank you,
      Joel

Comment

• Aaron
        Team Scooter
        • Oct 2007

Good verification. BC4 does not support duplicate folder/file names, since across different OS's and protocols, the name is the constant we can use for identification. This includes saving sessions, loading files, transfers, etc. We're only able to load one of the items if multiple matches are found (semi-random), so by removing one we're then able to load the other.
        Aaron P Scooter Software

Comment

Working...