X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Bonno
    New User
    • Jul 2008

Attributes missing with ftp session

I've just downloaded the 462 build, but on our ftp servers the attributes are being displayed as -------- instead of the 'rwx' statuses. The Attributes dialogue stays empty as well.
    Once I've set the attributes of a file with the dialogue, Beyond Compare remembers the attributes during the session, but after a restart all attributes reappear empty.

Our servers are FreeBSD servers with a Pure-FTPd installation. With other ftp-clients the attributes are visible and all right so it seems like a strange glitch in Beyond Compare 3 beta (build 462).

Does anyone of you have any ideas how to fix this, and is there anything I can do to help?
  • Zoë
    Team Scooter
    • Oct 2007

Thanks for the bug report. The next release will support Unix owner/group/mode for MLSD listings; in the meantime you can work around this by editing your FTP profile and unchecking the "Use MLSD command" on the "Listings" tab.
    Zoë P Scooter Software

Comment

• Bonno
      New User
      • Jul 2008

Ok, the unchecking works fine for now, Thanks for the reply.

Hmm, unchecking this option results in the fact that I can't set the attributes at all. When I check the MLSD listing I can't see the current attributes, but I can set them. But whenever I uncheck the MLSD listings I can't set the attributes, but I can see them.

The error that appears in the log:
      16-7-2008 16:58:47 Unable to set owner/group of files: Container does not support requested file operation
      Last edited by Bonno; 16-Jul-2008, 10:04 AM. Reason: still problems

Comment

• Zoë
        Team Scooter
        • Oct 2007

Please make new posts about problems instead of editing an existing one. I wouldn't have noticed this if I hadn't been looking through older posts.

Using MLSD or not should have no effect on your ability to set attributes. Please post (or email to support) a copy of the log showing the initial connection details and an attempt to set attribtues.
        Zoë P Scooter Software

Comment

Working...