X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • agriffin715
    New User
    • Oct 2011

Adding to Explorer's right-click menu

I see in Help that adding Beyond Compare to Explorer's right-click menu should be as easy as checking the 'Include Beyond Compare in Explorer context menu' checkbox on the Options, Startup tab. This box was checked as the default, but the right-click is not working for me. I am on Windows 7. Any ideas? Thanks
  • Aaron
    Team Scooter
    • Oct 2007

Hello,

Are you using the latest BC3 supported under Windows 7? All BC3.x updates are free for 3.x users.
    http://www.scootersoftware.com/suppo...?zz=kb_windows
    http://www.scootersoftware.com/download.php

Did you install using the installer from our website? There are sometimes issues with repackaged installers from corporate IT depts.

Have you rebooted since the installation?
    Aaron P Scooter Software

Comment

• neptunicity
      New User
      • Oct 2013

Hi I too have the same problem. I have version 3.3.4. My coworker beside me who the same beyond compare version (installed by our IT department) has the option in his right click menu. Is there something I can add to regedit or download a small add-on to get this feature? (Even though the 'Include Beyond Compare in Explorer context menu' option is checked.) Thanks, Karen

Comment

• neptunicity
        New User
        • Oct 2013

I replied (but dont see my post yet...) But nevermind, I used Beyond Compare to compare my folders and my coworker's folders (whose same BC version's right click menu works but not mine) and he has a .dll file for 64 bit (i.e. BCShellEx64.dll) whereas I just had the 32 bit one (BCShellEx.dll) which I just copied to my PC and ta da! all fixed. Thanks anyway!

Comment

• Aaron
          Team Scooter
          • Oct 2007

The .dll should be a part of our standard BCSetup.exe, but I'm glad you were able to find and get it installed without much trouble. If you run into any other trouble, please let us know.
          Aaron P Scooter Software

Comment

Working...