• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Okup
    New User
    • Nov 2016

use "Ignore Folder Structure: option in command line

Hi,
    Is there an option to set folder display filter "Ignore Folder Structure" when running BC from script?

Thanks.
  • Aaron
    Team Scooter
    • Oct 2007

Hello,

Not directly in script. However, you can configure a blank, new saved Folder Compare session with the option set, then load it as a base level of settings. You can then load folders into it:

log verbose "c:\bclog.txt"
    load "session name"
    load "c:\folder1" "c:\folder2"
    folder-report layout:side-by-side output-to:"c:\bcreports.txt"

Where "session name" is a saved Folder Compare session with no folders but Ignore Folder Structure set.
    Aaron P Scooter Software

Comment

• Olause
      New User
      • Dec 2016

Maybe I'm wrong but I think it's a good practice to add "switches" before "parameters". Also the man page of rsync reports --exclude usable as with the "=" syntax or without. So to standarize across operating systems, I'd use rsync -av --progress --exclude="thefoldertoexclude" sourcefolder /destinationfolder - anyway upvote for the rsync instead of the find, as you can easily use absolute paths for the source while in the find it's trickier as it uses the {} in the dst.

Comment

• Aaron
        Team Scooter
        • Oct 2007

Expanding on our arguments and script options is something on our wishlist. We just don't currently have the "Ignore Folder Structure" flag, but do load all options when loading a session, so loading the session is the workaround. We also have a list of command line options, but generally our script is multiplatform, too, as well as passing in any text variables from the command line that can insert into scripting.

Example:
        bcompare.exe "@c:\bcscript.txt" "c:\folder1path" "c:\folder2path"

the text of the paths can then be accessed in script with %1 and %2. Documented in our Help file -> Using Beyond Compare -> Scripting.
        Last edited by Aaron; 07-Dec-2016, 11:37 AM. Reason: Example
        Aaron P Scooter Software

Comment

Working...