First click appears to focus/activate the pane
    2nd click completes my "align with"
    Each pane seems to be handled separately rather than the window as a whole

(I hate click through / lack thereof)
  • Aaron
    Team Scooter
    • Oct 2007

Hello,

The other side click to select the target should be a single click; I just re-tested on my own test machine. Are you using the latest 4.1.9 release? Which version of OSX are you running?
    Aaron P Scooter Software

Comment

• bkdotcom
      Enthusiast
      • Dec 2008

4.1.9 on El Cap 10.11.6

I'm not sure what the behavior is. but aprox 75% of time the alignment requires two clicks on the "align-to" side

perhaps it's not "click through" related.

Comment

• Aaron
        Team Scooter
        • Oct 2007

One thing I noticed while testing, going from right to left I would select over the date column, which has a tooltip pop up if the column is narrow. Dismissing this tooltip sometimes takes a click. If you swiftly move the mouse to the Left Side Name column and don't hover over the size or date, does this always work with a single click for you?
        Aaron P Scooter Software

Comment

• bkdotcom
          Enthusiast
          • Dec 2008

Originally posted by Aaron
          One thing I noticed while testing, going from right to left I would select over the date column, which has a tooltip pop up if the column is narrow. Dismissing this tooltip sometimes takes a click. If you swiftly move the mouse to the Left Side Name column and don't hover over the size or date, does this always work with a single click for you?
          Regular "text compare" (javascript files).. not a "table" comparison

Comment

• Aaron
            Team Scooter
            • Oct 2007

Thanks for the clarification, I drifted a bit in my testing. I tried both the Text Compare and the Folder Compare Align With commands to see if either behave as you were seeing. My comment was specific to the Folder level, not file level, but I failed to express that. I have not seen the same double-attempt behavior in the Text Compare. Could you email into [email protected] with a link back to this forum thread? We can get more information that way including your BCSupport.zip (Beyond Compare menu -> Support; Export) and may be able to get you a build to test.
            Aaron P Scooter Software

Comment

Working...