X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Mark_392
    New User
    • Sep 2018

Need Verify On File Transfers

Can BC be set verify its copy operations? I have some really large critical files and I end up using other products to verify integrity after transfers. It would be nice if BC4 had an option to do it.

Thanks,
    Mark
  • Aaron
    Team Scooter
    • Oct 2007

Hello,

If you have the Session Settings, Comparison tab set to a background content scan (recommend Binary for verification), this would be run on the copied files. Alternatively, after the copy, you can also manually trigger a content scan on a selection of files with a right-click Compare Contents if you need to act of a subset of the files.
    However, there are instances of caching (controlled by drivers or hardware) which may be presented as the file when the OS or BC asks for the file, but this scenario is likely to impact any program and not just BC4.
    Aaron P Scooter Software

Comment

• Mark_392
      New User
      • Sep 2018

Thanks for the quick reply Aaron. I think the manual compare is close to what I was looking for but not quite.

I'm looking for the file transfers to happen based on the usual simple criteria (name, size, date). Then once BC determines by those criteria that it needs to transfer some files, verify that the transfer was flawless--only do the binary compare for files actually transferred, not all that were considered.

Sure I can have the quicker compare/transfer happen then pick through files that were transferred and do a manual binary compare afterwards, but it would be great to have it all happen in one shot automatically.

In other words: Transfers based on compared simple attributes. Binary verifications only for files actually transferred.

Comment

• Aaron
        Team Scooter
        • Oct 2007

Thanks for the suggestion. It's not something we currently support, but I can add it to our wishlist. You could also try to use a combination of filtering to remove the non-copied items from view, and that would make it easier to select and scan only the copied items, or have filtering only show the items to copy and also have the background scan enabled.
        Aaron P Scooter Software

Comment

Working...