X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • jlight
    New User
    • Jun 2018

Explorer Shell Extension not working on Windows Server 2016

I installed Beyond Compare 4 on Windows Server 2016, but for some reason the windows shell extension doesn't seem to be working. I've used ShellExView to disable various shell extensions, but so far I haven't been able to fine one that's causing a conflict. I disabled all the non-Microsoft extensions and restarted explorer, but no such luck. There's 221 Microsoft shell extensions, so going through all of those will be a little time consuming.
    Has anyone else experienced this problem on Windows Server 2016 or have any suggestions?
  • Aaron
    Team Scooter
    • Oct 2007

Hello,

Those are good first troubleshooting steps. Sometimes the registry gets updating incorrectly or "borked" during a Windows Update. We have a manual registry patch which can re-add or clean up the registry values manually. Email us at [email protected] along with a link back to this forum thread and we can get that to you.

Update: I should add, please include your BCSupport.zip (Help menu - >Support; Export) or other system information like your install path, so we can verify that the default values will work for you.
    Aaron P Scooter Software

Comment

Working...