• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • thomas_d
    Journeyman
    • Oct 2014

Instructions on how to connect to S3 Amazon

Hi all

First of all, I did try to find the answer to this in other posts but didn't have any luck?

Is there a page or a post somewhere that provides BC4 step by step instructions on how to connect to S3? Or is someone to comment some instructions in this post?

I appreciate the help.

PS: I tried it myself but didn't succeed.

Regards
    Thomas
  • Aaron
    Team Scooter
    • Oct 2007

Hello,

To connect to Amazon S3, or another remote connection type, go to the Tools menu -> Profiles, and in the bottom left click the + button to create a New Profile. Select Amazon S3 as the new profile type, then fill into the information on the right and Save the profile.

Now, in a Folder Compare, you can click on the left or right browse buttons, or use the browse button dropdown, to Browse Using Profile. Select your saved profile and it will then load on that side of the Folder Compare.

Does this get you up and running?
    Aaron P Scooter Software

Comment

• thomas_d
      Journeyman
      • Oct 2014

Hi Aaron

Thanks again for the quick response.

First of all I should mention that I tested my keys with CyberDuck and I was able to connect. (see cyberduck screenshot)Click image for larger version

Name:	cyber_duck_settings.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	64.5 KB
ID:	76288

I managed to create a S3 profile in BC4.
      But I am only getting the option of adding the 'Access Key ID' and the 'Secret access key' (and Description which I don't think needs to be filled) - See BC4 screenshot Click image for larger version

Name:	BC4_S3_profile.jpg
Size:	58.9 KB
ID:	76287
      With Cyberduck I am also given the option to select the Server and Path. Is there a place in BC4 to enter these or do they not need to be entered?

Anyway, I've attempted to follow the last steps but I get an error, please see loading_folder_error screenshot. Click image for larger version

Name:	loading_folder_error.jpg
Size:	67.0 KB
ID:	76286

Thanks
      Thomas

Comment

• thomas_d
        Journeyman
        • Oct 2014

Any further advice anyone? Cheers!

Comment

• Aaron
          Team Scooter
          • Oct 2007

Hi,

If you could email in to [email protected] with a link back to this forum thread for our reference, we can provide a debug build that might help with testing.

Also, if you test the connection in Cyberduck including the server but without providing the initial path information, does this change how it connects?
          Aaron P Scooter Software

Comment

• thomas_d
            Journeyman
            • Oct 2014

I tried connecting with cyberduck without providing the initial path information and it could not connect, saying "Listing directory failed. Please contact your web hosting service provider for assistance."

I'll send you an email shortly.

Comment

Working...