How to stop the synchronizing process for selected folders, once started?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • bcdewul
    Old Hand
    • Sep 2010

How to stop the synchronizing process for selected folders, once started?

Say I started Synchronizing 10 folders.
    Now, after 2 folders I want to stop the process for the remaining 8.
    I select the 8 folders and select 'Leave Alone'
    The [=>] symbol is gone/removed
    However, the process still continues.

How am I to stop the synchronizing process for selected folders, that are nót yet being synchronized.
    i.e. in the above example: stop after the first 2.

Thanks
    =
  • Aaron
    Team Scooter
    • Oct 2007

Click the Stop button in the toolbar or the Stop or Pause buttons in the progress bar of the specific copy action.
    Aaron P Scooter Software

Comment

• bcdewul
      Old Hand
      • Sep 2010

Probably that will stop the action instantly, i.e. it will not complete the copying of the folder that is in process of being copied??
      What I meant is that in the above scenario all 10 folders are queued to be copied.
      However, I want to remove 8 from queue, but the remaining 2 folders, that are being processed, those two should be copied completely, i.e. not just partly because I stopped the copy-task.
      At least, I suppose(!) that when I stop the copy-task, it will not finish the job that BC was performing.

=

Comment

• Aaron
        Team Scooter
        • Oct 2007

We don't support this level of cancellation. The pause button would complete the current file queued, but not the concept of a top-level selected folder.

Update: One idea that might help: if you select each of the 10 folders individually and perform the Copy, that would result in 10 different progress bars. You could then cancel any specific copy task, pause, or let them all run.
        Last edited by Aaron; 12-Jul-2017, 09:02 AM. Reason: Update
        Aaron P Scooter Software

Comment

Working...