• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • rothkj1022
    Fanatic
    • Apr 2008

Newly opened views inserting characters when using keyboard shortcuts

I noticed this in the change log:
    macOS: Fixed newly opened views inserting characters when using keyboard shortcuts (Esc, Cmd+W, etc).

I went and tested this right away in 4.2, and the issue still remains. Unless you click into the editor pane to give it focus, the characters are still inserted. Disappointing.
  • Aaron
    Team Scooter
    • Oct 2007

Hello,

What steps are you taking to launch BC4.2 that does not give the Text Compare's editor focus? In the cases I'm testing, the program closes.
    Aaron P Scooter Software

Comment

• Aaron
      Team Scooter
      • Oct 2007

Also, please be sure that you are using the latest BC 4.2 main release, and not the last beta release. The last 4.2 beta still had this known issue, but had fixes applied in 4.2.
      Aaron P Scooter Software

Comment

• rothkj1022
        Fanatic
        • Apr 2008

I was not able to reproduce this today. I wonder if when I originally updated the app if it possibly grabbed the latest beta version and not the release. Per my other forum topic, I did have to download and reinstall the current version of the app after the original upgrade, because I was only able to open the app once after the initial upgrade. Also, I never downloaded the 4.2 beta. Thanks,

Kevin

Comment

• Aaron
          Team Scooter
          • Oct 2007

Thanks. If you see this come back with the current 4.2 release, let us know. It's possible you had a beta build unintentionally.
          Aaron P Scooter Software

Comment

Working...