Registry Compare - Export Difference Neutralizer files in Regedit Format?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • BarryM
    Visitor
    • Sep 2012

Registry Compare - Export Difference Neutralizer files in Regedit Format?

I do a lot of Registry vs. Registry comparisons. On occasion I have to write a file for Regedit's Import function that neutralizes the differences between two Registry exports.

It would be REALLY helpful if BC3's Registry Difference Report could also generate a RegEdit-compatible file that would automatically generate all the finicky key adds, deletes, and edits for me that would required to neutralize the difference between two Registry exports.

I thought that was going to be there with the "Edit - Export" option, but it is always greyed out no matter what I select.

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/310516
  • Aaron
    Team Scooter
    • Oct 2007

Hello,

Thanks for the feedback. The Export command is designed to export from a live registry, not part of an already exported .reg file. If you have a .reg file opened, that would explain why the option is grayed out.

Creating a reg patch, so you could easily sync between two locations, is on our Wishlist.
    Aaron P Scooter Software

Comment

• crashnburn
      Enthusiast
      • Oct 2011

What about Offline Registry hives? Remote machines is over network to another Online Machine.

Lets say I have 2 Hard drives/ or Partitions on a Machine containing 2 instances of Windows (both offline) and I wish to use BC to compare/ edit / transfer information between them?

I can load offline ones using Regedit's Load Hive.. and going to \Windows\System32\Config\.. and pick System or other Hive files. But, would much prefer BC to Load and Compare.

Comment

• Aaron
        Team Scooter
        • Oct 2007

Thanks for the workflow sample. I'll add these notes to our wishlist entry on the subject to help with design.
        Aaron P Scooter Software

Comment

• crashnburn
          Enthusiast
          • Oct 2011

Originally posted by Aaron
          Thanks for the workflow sample. I'll add these notes to our wishlist entry on the subject to help with design.
          Thanks Aaron. I am guessing/ hoping this might be easier than over the network Registry Hive Access ? Do you think this "gate" to Reg Hive s might get added soon?

Comment

• Aaron
            Team Scooter
            • Oct 2007

Unfortunately, I don't think we'll be able to schedule it soon. We're pretty deep in current projects, aiming for a 4.2, which I must be ambiguous about
            Aaron P Scooter Software

Comment

• KONNEX
              New User
              • Dec 2017

yeah, i could also really need this feature.

Comment

• crashnburn
                Enthusiast
                • Oct 2011

Originally posted by Aaron
                Following up, Simple workflow.

Comment

Working...