X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • aidan.whitehall
    Visitor
    • May 2009

New text file comparison and mouse-wheel scroll issue

I've got a copy of Beyond Compare open, with two tabs already open. BC is minimised, and there are two large text files on my Desktop I'd like to compare.

I drag over both files (on the Desktop) so they're highlighted, right-click on one of them and select "Compare" from the context menu.

BC pops up, with a new tab for the text comparison. I instinctively use the mouse-wheel to start scrolling down the files to review the differences, but the focus is placed in the left-hand file field. Scrolling down the mouse wheel displays the drop-down box for the file name field, rather than scrolling down the compared contents.

To avoid this, I have to remember to click in the contents pane on one of the files before dragging.

Is this a behaviour that can be changed, either via a configuration setting, or (if not) in a later version of BC?

Thanks.
  • Aaron
    Team Scooter
    • Oct 2007

Thanks for the update. I've reproduced the behavior you are seeing and we'll look into it. It's our intention to have the cursor in the main pane, so mouse wheel scrolling would work as you expect.

Also, thanks for the extra details. The "minimized" step was important to tracking this down.
    Aaron P Scooter Software

Comment

• aidan.whitehall
      Visitor
      • May 2009

Originally posted by Aaron
      Thanks for the update. I've reproduced the behavior you are seeing and we'll look into it.[snip]

Also, thanks for the extra details. The "minimized" step was important to tracking this down.
      No worries -- thanks for the quick follow up.

Ahhh, yes... if you have the BC window restored (so you can see the Desktop), this issue doesn't arise

Thanks Aaron.

Comment

Working...