X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • MarcelFortin
    Journeyman
    • Oct 2004

Problem with cutoff days feature

Not sure what I am missing, when I set the days filter thru the GUI things work, however when I do this in scripting something is not working. The filters for the file formats are working, however the date / cutoff filter is not. I am trying to keep all files created in the past 515 days and are of the following file formats listed. After the sync's happen the mirror function is still leaving older files and folders behind. The folder structure is many different subfolders in the base folder with folders / folder structure within them containing the files I would like to copy over. I am also using the latest 64bit version/release. What could I be missing...My syntax below is:

criteria timestamp:2sec;IgnoreDST size
    option confirm:yes-to-all

filter cutoff:<515days;*.pdf;*.jpg;*.gif
    Load create:lt "C:\LocalFiles\Images" "\\server\Images"
    sync create-empty mirror:rt->lt

Thanks for your assistance...
    Last edited by MarcelFortin; 20-Sep-2017, 08:58 AM.
  • Aaron
    Team Scooter
    • Oct 2007

Hello,

Each filter would be a separate, sequential line to apply both a timestamp and name filter:

criteria timestamp:2sec;IgnoreDST size
    option confirm:yes-to-all

filter cutoff:<515days
    filter "*.pdf;*.jpg;*.gif"
    Load create:lt "C:\LocalFiles\Images" "\\server\Images"
    sync create-empty mirror:rt->lt

Double check with test folders first, as scripting offers no preview and no undo. How does this work for you?
    Aaron P Scooter Software

Comment

• MarcelFortin
      Journeyman
      • Oct 2004

This should work, I was always under the understanding that if you applied another filter it would replace the previous one. So it sounds like an exception is with the cutoff filter maybe??. Thanks for this I will try this out and see if it works...

Comment

• Aaron
        Team Scooter
        • Oct 2007

You are remembering correctly: if you use the same type of filter twice (two name filters in a row) then the later filter overwrites the first.
        Aaron P Scooter Software

Comment

Working...