How do I apply saved Session Settings to new Sessions?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • pjdevries
    Visitor
    • Sep 2008

How do I apply saved Session Settings to new Sessions?

Is it possible to apply saved Session Settings to new Sessions? In other words, is it possible to create some kind of Session Settings Template, which I guess is actually a set of Sessions Settings without the Left and Right folders on the Specs tab, that can be saved and applied to other (new) sessions?

If that's not possible, I hereby put it on the wishlist
  • Erik
    Team Scooter
    • Oct 2007

Just open your saved session and change the paths. If you want to keep the new session, you'll probably want to save it with a different session name.
    Erik Scooter Software

Comment

• Michael Bulgrien
      Carpal Tunnel
      • Oct 2007

Originally posted by pjdevries
      Is it possible to apply saved Session Settings to new Sessions?
      After editing session settings, you can use the dropdown at the bottom of the Session Settings dialog to update your session defaults, so that those changes are automatically applied to new sessions.

Originally posted by pjdevries
      In other words, is it possible to create some kind of Session Settings Template, which I guess is actually a set of Sessions Settings without the Left and Right folders on the Specs tab, that can be saved and applied to other (new) sessions?
      Regarding the second part of your post, you might be interested in the work-around suggestion I made
      in this post in response to another user's request to support Session "profiles".
      BC v4.0.7 build 19761
      ¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯

Comment

• pjdevries
        Visitor
        • Sep 2008

Thanks for the replies.

@Erik
        This method has two drawbacks. The first is the risk of accidentally saving before having renamed the session, which would unintentionally change the settings of the original session. The second is a matter of maintainability. Once you have a several sessions with different settings, it's rather cumbersome to change a specific setting for several of those sessions.

@Michael
        Obviously, updating the session defaults is not what you want in many cases. The post you refer to is interesting though. I had been experimenting with a similar approach already, but the tips for clearing the file list and loading a 'profile' are welcome.

Hopefully we will see a robust, native template/profile mechanism in a future version of BC3.

Comment

• Aaron
          Team Scooter
          • Oct 2007

If you edit the Session from the Home Screen, the buttons change on the bottom to use it as a Template (with the default becoming Open As New).

You could create a Folder of "Template" Sessions in your Home Screen, and alter them before Opening them as New, or Save As.
          Aaron P Scooter Software

Comment

• pjdevries
            Visitor
            • Sep 2008

Another valuable tip. Thanks for that Aaron.

Comment

Working...