Clear All
  • goodann2012
    Visitor
    • Nov 2011

关于网络文件夹比较

BC作者,你好:

BC现在还不支持带密码的共享文件夹比较吗?
    或者说要单独设置?
    比如别的软件可以从IE直接读取代理IP和端口进行比较(无需再设置),试了下BC,发现可以识别带密码的 共享文件夹,但是比较的时候,是空白?

另外,不知道BC价格对中国大陆是否有优惠?
    现在的dollar价格对普通人来说有点高哦。
    其他一些有名的软件,如EssentialPIM,对大陆仅70元的注册费用。
    希望作者可以考虑哈国情,呵呵。
    替同胞感谢先了。
  • Aaron
    Team Scooter
    • Oct 2007

Hello,

When accessing a shared folder on the network, BC3 should prompt for a password just like Windows Explorer. If you enter the password (and optionally click save), you should then be able to view the folder if you can in Windows Explorer. Is it a network path like \\computername\Folder\ ?

BC3 is available for $30 dollars for standard and $50 for pro for a single user license. Is that not less than $70 or is another conversion causing problems?
    http://www.scootersoftware.com/shop.php

We have international resellers, linked here:
    http://www.scootersoftware.com/shop....tners_eastasia
    Are their prices better?

translate.google.com
    您好,

BC3访问网络上的共享文件夹时,应及时为一个像Windows资源管理器的密码。如果你输入密码(选择单 击保存),然后,你应该能够查看该文件夹,如果你可以在Windows资源管理器。它是一个网络路径,如\ \计算机名\文件夹\?

BC3是$30美元的标准和亲一个单用户许可证50美元。是不低于70元是另一个转换引起的问题吗?
    http://www.scootersoftware.com/shop.php

我们已经链接在这里的国际分销商,:
    http://www.scootersoftware.com/shop....tners_eastasia
    他们的价格比较好?
    Aaron P Scooter Software

Comment

• goodann2012
      Visitor
      • Nov 2011

Hello,

Thanks for your fast reply.
      Seems you used Google translate to reply the post, I'll proceed will my poor English too.
      Yes, the network path is truly like \\computername\Folder\ ,
      but strangely, no prompt window shows up, and there is no place to input the name or password.

Regarding the price, the unit is 70 RMB, not $70.
      Currently, Exchange rate of USD $ against RMB (CNY) is about 6.4, so 70 RMB corresponds to about $11, that's the price of EssentialPIM for the Chinese market, while in non-Chinese market is $39.95, you can compare these different prices in these two official webpages:
      http://www.essentialpim.com/?r=buy
      http://www.essentialpim.com/cn/?r=buy

I think the main problem is that China is still a developing country, people are not so rich, hopefully you can get a discount for us, thanks!

Comment

• Aaron
        Team Scooter
        • Oct 2007

Thanks for the feedback.

Do you see the dialog ask for password if you type in "\\computerName\folder\" into My Computer? Does My Computer display the location?

If it does, could we get more details on the location? Is it another computer on your network?
        If you click "save password", can you then open it in BC3?
        Aaron P Scooter Software

Comment

• goodann2012
          Visitor
          • Nov 2011

Yes, just as you said, the share folder is in on an server of our network, I can see it after double clicking "My computer", and it locats just underneath of local hard disk(local disk c,d..), and I don't have to input any password for accessing, because no prompt window shows up for password in BC .

When I tried Total Commander(another file manager) to sync, I don't have to input any password either, but it works well. So the current problem is, BC can not list the contents or folder structure of the share folder. So I'd like to know, does BC quotes the same proxy or password of IE or Explorer? Because I have to use a proxy of IE for network.

Comment

• Aaron
            Team Scooter
            • Oct 2007

Hello,

We do try to follow the same proxy, but we would need to be able to test against your network to see if we are doing it the way it expects. I assume this is an internal network share only? Or would there be any way we could connect/test against it?
            Aaron P Scooter Software

Comment

• goodann2012
              Visitor
              • Nov 2011

Originally posted by Aaron
              Hello,

We do try to follow the same proxy, but we would need to be able to test against your network to see if we are doing it the way it expects. I assume this is an internal network share only? Or would there be any way we could connect/test against it?
              Hello, Aaron,

Yes, you're right again, it's indeed an internal network share, so sorry, it's incapable for you to have a connect/test. But when I click the "Browser for" button in the sync window before sync, every folders are listed in the "Browser for folder" windows, and I can access subfolders by double clicking in the window when going deeper, or choose any subfolder to sync, but still no files or subfolders are listed in the sync window after choosing. Hope this information might be helpful for you.

Comment

• Aaron
                Team Scooter
                • Oct 2007

Hello,

Instead of browsing directly to the destination, are you able to use the Windows Explorer, My Network Places, and browse entire network to manually work your way to the destination? It may be that the path is presented as \\computerName\folder, like a standard Windows Shared location, but it may actually be a different setup?
                Aaron P Scooter Software

Comment

• goodann2012
                  Visitor
                  • Nov 2011

Hello, Aaron,

Sorry for my late reply. Yes, it's able to use the Windows Explorer and Total Commander to explor it, but I can't see it from My Network Places. The share folder exists as a virtual z:\ local driver. Hope this might be helpful for analysis.

Comment

• Aaron
                    Team Scooter
                    • Oct 2007

Hello,

Do you know if different software was used to set up the z:\ or the network share? Or is it hosted on a Windows machine normally, but a security setting is preventing it from showing up when browsing the network?

You mention that the path is \\computerName\folder, and also z:\. Do both have the same problem in BC3, and both work in Explorer?
                    Aaron P Scooter Software

Comment

• goodann2012
                      Visitor
                      • Nov 2011

Hello,Aaron,

Sorry for late reply again.
                      Actually I don't know how the share folder was established.
                      Maybe I made a mistake last time, which made you confused, so I have a carefully inspect this time.

The share folder name is like this:
                      XXX_XXX$ (\\YYY)
                      followed with the Drive letter Z:
                      (I've changed the real name with XXX and YYY, just let you know the name structure.)

So if you enter the share folder, there will be the Drive letter Z:\ in the address bar only, and it's the same situation in Total Commander, and the same situation in BC when you choose the share folder before sync.

Comment

• Aaron
                        Team Scooter
                        • Oct 2007

Hello,

Is the address bar just "z:\" or is it something else like "\\computer\z$"?

Does it appear in my computer as a Z:\ drive, next to C:\ or D:\? Binding as a drive letter should have already stored the username and password as part of creating "z:\".

If accessing as "\\computer\folder\", it may not have the password stored, but it should bring up a prompt.

Are you running into both of these issues with \\computer\ and with z:\?
                        Aaron P Scooter Software

Comment

• goodann2012
                          Visitor
                          • Nov 2011

Hello,

Yes, it's like XXX_XXX$ (\\YYY)(Z in the adress bar.
                          but when you click the adress bar, it will changed to the real adress as Z:\ in Windows 7 automatically.
                          Just as I mentioned before, it appear underneath of other local hard drives like C:\ or D:\
                          strangely enough, because the name and password expired yesterday, people from IT service renewed the password, I tried this time, it works!
                          Anyway, it's great that it does work now.
                          Thanks very much!

Comment

Working...