Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tortoise apply patch using Beyond Compare

Hello,

first of all, I have searched for this on the forum and check out the solutions but none worked for me, Im sorry if I missed something.

I am using TortoiseSVN on windows, I do not use the command line or cygwin to do checkouts or diffs or patches, I always use the GUI and windows style menus, it works for me.

I really like Beyond compare and use it frequently, I think its better than the tortoise tools that get installed with TortoiseSVN, so I wanted to use BC4 for 'check for modifications', 'create patch', and 'apply patch', those are the main tools I use, I have modified the settings on TortoiseSVN as follows:

*Right click on a folder* > TortoiseSVN > Settings > Diff Viewer:
    All 3 are external and configured as:
    "C:\Program Files\Beyond Compare 4\BComp.exe" %base %mine /title1=%bname /title2=%yname /leftreadonly

*Right click on a folder* > TortoiseSVN > Settings > Merge Tool:
    External
    "C:\Program Files\Beyond Compare 4\BComp.exe" %mine %theirs %base %merged /title1=%yname /title2=%tname /title3=%bname /title4=%mname

With these settings, Diffs, and create patch uses BC4, but apply patch is still using the 'TortoiseMerge' tool.

Is this possible? what am I missing?
    Thanks

Hello,

BC4's View Patch view can load a .patch file and view the content of that patch in a side by side view, but it does not load the directory itself or bring in the rest of the files. It also does not support in-line editing. Meanwhile, it appears that Tortoise's Apply Patch command can take in a directory/file as input with the patch, load the entire file pair side by side and allows editing. It also does not look like Tortoise supports calling to an external tool to replace this Apply Patch command. The diff and merge sections help resolve conflicts (if you try to apply a patch to a file that has also been locally edited on the same lines), at which point BC4 does launch to help resolve this specific case from Tortoise's Apply Patch window.
    Aaron P Scooter Software

Comment

Working...
    X