• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • nverma
    New User
    • Jun 2020

"Fatal Scripting Error: Unable to create report" for large compares

Hi Team,

I ran extract comparison on a Folder which has 2 sub folders Extract1 and Extract2. Totally the 2 folders have 21023 files and 58 folders.

The script ran for 18 hours, 49 minutes and then failed with error "Fatal Scripting Error: Unable to create report"

The size of my generated report folder is:

So things were in progress but ended with the error. Is it to do with time(around 19 hours) or scan size(14GB) being too big?

Also when I run the same script for a smaller number of files I don't get the error and I got a great report too.

Below are my windows details for reference:

My Beyond Compare version details:

Attaching my settings folder as requested and below are my script details:

My Beyond Compare Script:

option stop-on-error
    log verbose "%1"
    criteria rules-based timezone:ignore
    load "%2" "%3"
    expand all
    select all
    folder-report layout:side-by-side options:include-file-links title:"Extracts Compare HTML Report" output-to:"%4" output-options:html-color

My Powershell Script:

$BeyondCompareExeLoc = "C:\Program Files\Beyond Compare 4";
    $BeyondCompareScriptLoc = "C:\Users\nitin\Desktop\MyBeyondCompareScript" ;
    $LogFileNameLocation = "C:\Users\nitin\Desktop\Beyond Compare\Reports\Log.txt";
    $HtmlReportNameLocation = "C:\Users\nitin\Desktop\Beyond Compare\Reports\FolderReport.html";
    $LeftFolderNameLocation = "\\sharedfolder\Output\Extract1";
    $RightFolderNameLocation = " \\sharedfolder\Output\Extract2";
    cd $BeyondCompareExeLoc;
    .\BCompare.exe "@$BeyondCompareScriptLoc" "$LogFileNameLocation" "$LeftFolderNameLocation" "$RightFolderNameLocation" "$HtmlReportNameLocation" /closescript;

Please let me know if you need any other details. Looking forward to hearing back from your team.
    Attached Files
  • Chris
    Team Scooter
    • Oct 2007

You also corresponded with us about this issue by email, here's a copy of my email response:

​​​​​​Yes, this is probably too large for Beyond Compare to create an HTML report.

Workarounds:
    1) Split the comparison/report up into smaller pieces.

2) Output an HTML report, but don't use the 'include-file-links' option.

folder-report layout:side-by-side title:"Extracts Compare HTML Report" output-to:"%4" output-options:html-color

3) Output the report to plain text (.txt) instead of HTML.

folder-report layout:side-by-side title:"Extracts Compare HTML Report" output-to:"%4"

and in your powershell script:
    $HtmlReportNameLocation = "C:\Users\nverma\Desktop\Beyond Compare\Reports\FolderReport.txt";
    Chris K Scooter Software

Comment

Working...