Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• errorcode for rule based text compare

Hello

i want to compare text files as table with tolerance using batch files. These runs should run fully automatic and just set the systems errorlevel to one of the codes described in your CLI documentation (https://www.scootersoftware.com/v4he...l?scripts.html).
    I am not interested in the details of differences at this time. But i need to make rules based comparison.

I tried several ways (/silent, /qc, scripting) but dont get it. Using scripts %errorlevel% seems not to change. /cr does not seem to apply rules etc. How can this be done?

I use BC 4.2.8 Windows

Regards

Stefan

Hello,

The first step would be to make a new format in the Tools menu -> File Formats dialog, New + Table Format for your file extension. This extension is then used automatically for rules-based scans (or double clicking and viewing files in the Folder Compare). I would suggest setting it up in the interface first, so you can verify the default behavior and feedback. Once it is working, you can then work from the command line using either /qc or scripting.

​​​​​​​If you open your files in the Table Compare, are they (by default) comparing as needed? If not, what needs to be changed and updated as default behavior?
    Aaron P Scooter Software

Comment

Working...
    X