Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• text-report on all the files from given folder

Hi All,

my goal is to run text-report on all the files from folder A and B and get an output html-file with all of the differences between corresponding files from those two folders. Is there a way to do it without calling text-report iteratively?

My current script looks like this:

Code:
    log normal log.txt
    text-report layout:side-by-side options:ignore-unimportant,display-mismatches
    & output-to:"%3" output-options:html-color "%1" "%2"
    I know that I can use folder-report, but this does not support text-report options which I am after.

I will be very happy about any answer. If it is really not possible I will try to do it differently.

Hello,

Yes, you can actually do this in a couple of ways. In both ways, load the folder pair first, and then you either select all different files and generate a text-report on that selection (showing their content), or you generate a folder-report but enable file links to the file reports. I would suggest testing both workflows in the graphical interface first, so you can find the style and layout combination you want, and then use that as a basis to write a matching script.

1)
    criteria rules-based
    load "c:\folderA" "c:\folderB"
    expand all
    select all.diff.files all.orphan.files
    text-report layout:side-by-side options:display-mismatches output-to:"%1" output-options:html-color

2)
    First, boot BC4, navigate to a new, blank Text Compare, and set the Display Filter to Show Differences. Then close BC4 (this impacts the file link reports).

criteria rules-based
    load "c:\folderA" "c:\folderB"
    expand all
    folder-report layout:side-by-side options:display-mismatches,include-file-links output-to:"%1" output-options:html-color
    Aaron P Scooter Software

Comment

Working...
    X