X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Aaron
    replied
    Hello,

That is what silent should do. Do you have it defined on your command line or inserted into script? It should be on the command line, like:
    bcompare.exe /silent "@c:\bcscript\script.txt"

It is difficult to tell from the screenshot, but it looks like there's still a script window running behind the error dialog. If /silent is defined, there are zero shown windows.

Which version of BC4 are you running? All 4.x updates are free for 4.x users, so please update to the latest if you haven't had a chance yet and are still having any issues.

Please note, that as you expect, this will suppress all error dialogs, warnings, etc, so there will be no chance to undo any actions BC scripting might take automatically and no warning, or report of failure. It will rely on a properly defined log line in the script to not actions that were taken.

If you are still having trouble, please provide more detail on your setup, including the command line and script you are using. You can post, or email to support@scootersoftware.com along with a link back to this forum thread.

Leave a comment:

• Run BC Script with ZERO human intervention required, even on "Fatal Error"

Greetings!

First off, thanks for the great software. It's been one of my favorites in the category of paid, non-opensource tools.

Here's my problem: I am trying to run BC in completely "unsupervised" mode, with absolutely ZERO human intervention required.

The /silent and "confirm" features of BC scripts *almost* get me there, but they do not cause the "fatal error" dialog to go away.

DESIRED BEHAVIOR:

If a fatal error occurs, just *AUTOMATICALLY* exit (like the dialog says), but do not require a human being to hit "OK" if the /silent flag is enabled.

Is this possible?

dialog
Working...
X