In a script, copy/move do NOT backup?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• In a script, copy/move do NOT backup?

I would like to thank You for the help that You are giving me for scripts.
    I have a good base and from that starting point I am trying to add features, handle errors, and so on.
    I am not sure, maybe I made some mistakes, but it seems to me that copy/move operations do not create backup copies of targets, even if I chose so in the options.
    I have been able to create backups in the interactive way, but not in scripts, even in the same session.
    Please, can You confirm that copy/move create backups also in scripts?

Thank You and regards

Rodolfo Giovanninetti

Hello,

The back up option should work in script or the interface. However, Options are stored per Windows User account; is the script running as the same windows user? You can test by attempting to load a named session (also stored per Windows User Account) to see if the script is using that user's settings.
    Aaron P Scooter Software

Comment

I found the issue.
      I am using the script that You so kindly suggested to handle some local folders and some folders on a remote internet site.
      In this script You proposed "criteria timestamp:2sec binary".
      But, the remote site uses a different encoding for end-of-lines (LF vs CRLF).
      So, the copy/move command DO create a backup.
      It was the previous step, the selection, that did not select files after a copy, because the copy translates these end-of-lines, and so file sizes are different.
      I changed the script to use "criteria rules-based".
      Now these files are selected and then copied/moved (WITH backup).
      These issues bring me to say that, at least for me, it is more and more important to have a text field, where I can type a script command, and see the effect in the interactive interface!

Thank You and regards

Rodolfo Giovanninetti

Comment

Hello,

Thanks for the follow up.

If you are transferring to a remote ftp side, you can also change the FTP Profile's settings, Transfer tab, from AUTO to Binary. This would maintain the line breaks if the remote side should be an exact copy. Leave as Auto if the line breaks should be translated.
        Aaron P Scooter Software

Comment

Working...
        X