Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to rerun compassion on only failed comparision files

HI,

I have ran the file comparison script and one report is generated for all files and another report with only failed cases. We did this because of hundred of files in each folder. This is working great so far.

Now in the failed report, we have 100 files. In this 100 files some of them are same size and through script/GUI we want to generate another report on top of it by ignoring files that are same size. I know it is crazy scenario but just thought of checking whether there are any feasible options to eliminate entire manual effort in this testing.

C

Thanks,

Hello,

What criteria was used to generate the 100 file failed report? If this set of files can be loaded as base folders, a filter could be used to select only different (newer, older, different, orphan) files, then a report generated on the selection. I would suggest testing this in the graphical interface first, loading your folders, then set the Display Filter to show only the files you want to report on, then Select All Files, and Actions menu -> File Compare Report.
    Aaron P Scooter Software

Comment

Aaron,
      Thanks for looking into it. Sorry if i am not clear on my question.

First I ran the script to compare folders based on content . In thousand files, there are around 100 files failed. Now manual teams after reviewing these 100 failed files, there are 40 files have same size and they don't want these files in the failed report in future execution. So I am not sure how can i move these 100 failed cases into separate base folders and run comparison using filesize instead of content compare.

In result BCFIles folder, Is there way to identify left and right folder failed cases?

Comment

Hello,

The reports generate on the full base folders unless a Filter is in place, but there is no filter set for 'previously failed'. It would have to be some other factor to exclude the "successful" files on a criteria (such as binary equal) or only include the "failed" files by another criteria (different timestamps and also another factor?). There may be a way to filter to this view, but it would have to be something other than a 'failed' log error message from a previous run. When comparing the directories, is there anything about these files or the remaining other files that mark them as unique and parsable?
        Aaron P Scooter Software

Comment

There is no unique way to identify the compare failed files in the folder other then html report generated after comparison.. Not able to figure out simple feasible solution

Comment

No, we don't have a filter for a previous state. In some cases, after performing a sync, the remaining files are equal, while any failed files are still different. The Log would show any failures, while any report on remaining differences would also show any that failed (plus any new differences that also need syncing). Running a sync again then only works with the remaining different files.
            Aaron P Scooter Software

Comment

Working...
            X