Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Aaron
    replied
    Any columns marked as a Key are together sorted as a single Key. For example, a combination of a FirstName and LastName column, both set as Key, would use both to determine the unique identifier.

If the settings define things for Column 17, such as Key or Unimportance, but Column 17 does not exist, then those settings are not used in that comparison.

Leave a comment:

• ravindra
    replied
    Can I know how Key columns works in the tool. Let say file is sorted based on first key column and will it stop sorting based on next key column incase if data matches.

Another question is, I applied key columns and 1 and 16 and did folder compare.Incase if other files in the folder doesn't have 16th key, how tool works in this scenario

Leave a comment:

• Aaron
    replied
    Originally posted by mahendhar View Post
    Hi Aaron,
    i am having the same issue but my file not contains any headers and right click on single column for 1st row values also not working there is option to select complete row
    Hello,

BC4's Table Compare interface will also show a column header section at the top of the pane, such as 1:, 2:, with header titles if present, or empty if only data. They are in roughly the same location you could expect to see Name, Date, Size in the Folder Compare or Windows Explorer.

In this example screenshot, 1:RE is the Key (see Key icon next to it), while 2: Point name and 3:Easting are regular columns. If you right clicked on this text, this is where you could quickly switch the mode, or navigate to the Session Settings, Columns tab.
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• ravindra
    replied
    Thank you Aaron. Now I am able to see the key column settings.

Leave a comment:

• mahendhar
    replied
    Hi Aaron,
    i am having the same issue but my file not contains any headers and right click on single column for 1st row values also not working there is option to select complete row

Leave a comment:

• Aaron
    replied
    Hello,

The quick method to set a Key is to right click the column headers in the main view. Right click any header and set to Standard, Key, or Unimportant. Multiple columns set to a Key work as the single key together.

The Session menu is context sensitive, so you may need to be in the proper view (files loaded in the Table Compare) to see the Session menu -> Session Settings, Columns tab. Double click a cell here to then set the values (Key, Unimportance, etc) for that Column.

Leave a comment:

• Unable to sort based on multiple key columns beyond compare 4

Hi,

I looked at the help to see how I can set multiple columns as key columns for sorting for CSV and text files but those options as described in help is not available in beyond compare 4.

I tried by selecting column and click edit/right click but I don't see any options that mentioned in the help related checkboxes available.

Can you please help me on this by pointing right help or steps to be following in beyond compare.

Thanks,
Working...
X