Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ignoring files with unimportant difference in HTML report

Hi,

I am comparing 17 files by defining transaction-id as "Unimportant" and ignoring it from output report. Attaching output for your reference

Script used:

criteria rules-based
    load "C:\BeyondCompare\DIR1" "C:\BeyondCompare\DIR2"
    expand all
    select diff.files orphan.files
    text-report layout:side-by-side options:ignore-unimportant,display-mismatches output-to:"C:\BeyondCompare\Reports\SIA_MFD_Functional_Te st_JSON_Comparison.html" output-options:wrap-word,html-color

In the output, I am also seeing file names where there are no differences other than "transation-id" which I defined a "Unimportant" using regular expression. I understand this is valid. But would like to know if there is way to hide it from HTML report?

I want my report to have only "File: UCTestResult8-foo.txt" and hide all other file names as the only difference in those files are "transaction-id"
    Attached Files
    Last edited by fathimariswana; 22-Nov-2018, 03:22 AM.

Hello,

Should be an easy fix. Update your criteria line to:
    criteria rules-based ignore-unimportant

How does this work for you?
    Aaron P Scooter Software

Comment

I have already included this in my script.

criteria rules-based
      expand all
      text-report layout:side-by-side options:ignore-unimportant,display-mismatches output-to:"C:\BeyondCompare\Reports\Functional_Test_JSON_ Comparison.html" output-options:wrap-word,html-color

Issue here is files are not same. Every file has a transaction id which is unique. i am defining them as "Unimportant". Now report is showing blank under these file names where only difference is transaction id. However I want to hide these file names also from report if only difference in files are "Unimportant" ones

Comment

Hello,

And how does this work for you:
        expand all
        text-report layout:side-by-side options:ignore-unimportant,display-mismatches output-to:"C:\BeyondCompare\Reports\Functional_Test_JSON _ Comparison.html" output-options:wrap-word,html-color

If you are still having trouble, which version of BC4 are you using? If not the latest, I recommend updating to 4.2.8 (all 4.x updates are free for 4.x users).
        Aaron P Scooter Software

Comment

Originally posted by Aaron View Post
          Hello,

And how does this work for you:
          expand all
          text-report layout:side-by-side options:ignore-unimportant,display-mismatches output-to:"C:\BeyondCompare\Reports\Functional_Test_JSON _ Comparison.html" output-options:wrap-word,html-color

If you are still having trouble, which version of BC4 are you using? If not the latest, I recommend updating to 4.2.8 (all 4.x updates are free for 4.x users).

Hi Aaron,

This works as expected. Thank You very much

Comment

Working...
          X