• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • daPanic
    New User
    • Feb 2017

Extract Sync Session to Log File?

Hello,

maybe just a short question but currently I did not find any answer.

If I define a Sync Session in the programm, is there any way to extract this sync command to a shell/batch?

This means basically the other way round... using the programm to define selections, folder, exclusions, etc. and then make a batch file out of this.

Thanks.
  • Chris
    Team Scooter
    • Oct 2007

Beyond Compare can't generate a script or batch file from an interactive session.

Beyond Compare does support command line automation with scripts. See the Using Beyond Compare | Scripts and Scripting Reference topics in Beyond Compare's help file for details.

Example sync script:
    log verbose c:\log.txt
    load c:\left c:\right
    sync update:left->right

Command line to run the script:
    "c:\program files\beyond compare 4\bcompare.exe" @c:\script.txt

The @ character makes BC run a file as a script rather than loading it in a graphical comparison.
    Chris K Scooter Software

Comment

• daPanic
      New User
      • Feb 2017

Hey Chris,

thanks for your reponse. My Idea behind was a kind of log file which contains the paramters I used in the interactive session.
      Kind of DebugMode.

Just to ensure which possible options I need to use in my script. Exluding some file extensions, exclusion of file paths, etc.
      But then I need to try to go on fixing my script.

Thanks a lot.

Comment

• Aaron
        Team Scooter
        • Oct 2007

No problem. Enhanced script generation is something on our Wishlist, but is a long term project and not one we'll be able to tackle soon.
        Aaron P Scooter Software

Comment

Working...