Use BC4 from another program

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Use BC4 from another program

I've setup BC4 as the file compare in Syncovery (a software to sync local files with remote server).

When I use Syncovery's "File compare" menu to check the differences between local and remote files it opens the compare window only if BC4 is not running (no mark below BC4 icon in the dock), however if BC4 is running it displays the sessions page instead of opening the compare window.
    Last edited by Voxen; 16-Apr-2013, 06:05 AM.
    Macbook Pro Retina 15' - OSX Yosemite 10.10.1 French

Hello,

How have you configured BC4 in Syncovery? Did you use Beyond Compare's Beyond Compare menu -> Install Command Line Tools, and then use these references to "bcomp" or "bcompare"?

Here is our collected knowledge base on Windows and Linux setups, to help with reference. If you find a successful configuration we would appreciate it if you posted it:
    http://www.scootersoftware.com/support.php?zz=kb_vcs
    Aaron P Scooter Software

Comment

I did setup Syncovery as "/Applications/Beyond Compare.app" which produced the problem I reported.

I have done what you asked (Install Command Line Tools) and setup Syncovery with "/usr/local/bin/bcompare" and now it works perfectly.

Comment

Thanks, that's good to hear. If you have a specific set of steps, please feel free to post here and I'll update the main sticky thread with the directions for setup on Syncovery.
        Aaron P Scooter Software

Comment

Steps for Syncovery Mac:

1. Select menu Syncovery/Preferences...

2. Click the Misc tab

3. In the field Program used to compare files from the Sync Preview, write "/usr/local/bin/bcompare" (or the pathname given when using BC4's Install Command Line Tools)

4. Click Close

Comment

Working...
          X